Backyard Fun Ideas for Artificial Turf: The Outdoor Theater
Summer has arrived and you need a new project. You want to do something that will make the most of your backyard space. It has to be something that will be a source of entertainment for this summer and beyond. It must be something that allows you to make the most of the long, warm summer nights. And above all, you want something that takes full advantage of your new artificial turf.
If you follow these simple steps, you can be watching movies with your friends and family in your backyard in less than two weeks.
1. Choose a Space There are many places in a yard where you can set up, but the place you ultimately choose should have easy access to power; not be affected by street lights, wind, or where other nuisances could affect sound or visual quality.
2. Choose a Screen There are two decisions to make when it comes to screen choice. You can purchase a screen or make one yourself. If you decide to buy one, be forewarned, the number of options you’ll encounter is staggering. From smaller screens appropriate for just one person, to screens so large that the homeowners from two houses down will feel like they’re in a movie theater.
If you prefer to go the DIY route, a screen is surprisingly easy to make. From a sophisticated homemade contraption made of pine wood and a white shower curtain to simply hanging a white bed sheet along a wall, it can be done. For people who have white walls outdoors, a screen may not even be necessary. You can just project directly onto the wall.
3. Choose Your Equipment This is where you purchase your big three items: the Blu-Ray player, the speakers and the all-important projector. (A.) The Blu-Ray player is ideal due to the high quality playback. (B.) Ideally, you will have a pair of speakers on stands that can get loud enough that they can be easily heard outdoors. (C.) The projector will project the video images from the player onto the screen. This is the one area where you’ll want to do some homework. These are the biggest investments of all categories, so it’s important to choose wisely.
4. Choose Your Settings Your projector and speakers will need to be adjusted to get proper audio and visual quality. You will need to make a few tweaks here and there to get the image at the right size, color and sharpness for your screen. Many factors can change image and overall sound quality, so it may take some trial and error before you get the settings just right.
5. Choose Your Specifics for the Night Action movie or romantic comedy? Popcorn or candy? Midnight movie or Sundown Cinema? So many choices!
While summertime is the perfect time of year for outdoor movies, the setup can be used at any time of year. Sometimes it’s fun to bundle up and watch a winter themed film in the cool of November air, or a scary movie at night on a Halloween weekend. Outdoor theaters offer endless opportunities for entertainment.
#ArtificialTurf #SyntheticPuttingGreen #Turf #FakeGrass #ArtificialGrassLawn #ToughLawn #AustinTx #SyntheticGrassAustinTexas #ArtificialGrass #ArtificialYard #ArtificialGrassAustin #SyntheticGrassYard